Choosing a school is a big decision for most families. Our enrolment process will help you to get to know our school better and decide if it’s right for you and your child.
As a requirement of pre-enrolling, all families need to come along to a Pre-enrolment Evening and an Observation Morning.
Pre-enrolment evenings provide prospective families with an understanding of the Montessori philosophy and how modern science supports this century-old method of learning. There is no need to book and everyone is welcome. Contact us to confirm the next session date.
Observation Mornings allow you to see our school in action while you sit in our classrooms and watch the children at work. The observation mornings are held once a fortnight during school terms and run from 9.30am – 12 noon. At the conclusion of the classroom observations, our Montessori specialist, Robin Wilkins, will answer any questions you may have. Spaces are limited so please contact us to book.
Once you have attended the necessary information events, you will be given an Application Form for Enrolment. Once this is submitted and the enrolment fee paid, your child will be placed on to our waiting list.
If a preschool place is available close to your child’s third birthday, we will ask you to come in for an interview with the teacher. This interview is a time for the child, parents and teacher to introduce themselves to each other and ask any questions. It’s also an opportunity to assess whether your child is ready to join our preschool community. Please note that an interview is not a guarantee of a place in the school and some enrolment criteria apply.
Admission Priority for the Preschool
Entry into Wā Ora Montessori School is ideally as a child turns three years old. Admission is at the discretion of the school as a vacancy becomes available in a class. Priority is given in the following order:
- Siblings of attending children intending to stay for the full programme through to 18 years
- Children of past students who attended 6 years or more from the age of 3 intending to stay for the full programme through to 18 years
- Children with previous authentic Montessori experience equivalent to at least 20 hours per week since the age of 3 intending to stay for the full programme through to 18 years
- Children of past students who attended between 3-5 years or more from the age of 3 intending to stay for the full programme through to 18 years
- Children intending to stay for the full programme through to 18 years
- Children intending to stay for the full preschool programme
Please note, a probationary period applies for six weeks after placement. This period applies to all children.
Placement in a preschool class does not guarantee your child a place in a primary class.
Enrolment and Admission in the Under Three Playgroup
There are no criteria for enrolment and admission to the under three playgroup beyond a space being available in the session you’d like to attend. The playgroup currently operates Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings. To enrol in the playgroup simply contact us to see if there is place available on the day you wish to attend. Please note, enrolment in the playgroup does not guarantee a place in the preschool.